If you haven’t read my trip report from our visit to YMCA of the Rockies, I highly suggest taking a peek. We had an adorable cabin. It was dog-friendly. There were a ton of activities to keep us busy and the views and location were incredible! Check it out and then read about this year’s fun below!
For families and groups looking for the ultimate Colorado adventures this summer, YMCA of the Rockies today announced programming highlights at both of its locations at Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, Colo. The popular mountain vacation destinations, both recently named as Good Housekeeping’s 2023 Family Travel Awards winners, are located at gateways to the state’s treasured Rocky Mountain National Park, offering stunning alpine views, affordable cabin and lodge room accommodations, and a nostalgic, unplugged vacation experience with camp-like activities for all ages.
“Whether it’s capture the flag and kick-ball games on the open fields, daily educational sessions with our trained staff on topics like wildlife ecology and stargazing, or campfire singalongs, we create summer experiences for our guests to unplug and connect with nature, and each other, in a meaningful way,” said Kellen Toulouse, Marketing Director, YMCA of the Rockies.
This summer, guests will enjoy activities such as pickleball, archery lessons, creating keepsake projects in the craft centers, playing miniature golf, roller skating, swimming, rock climbing with skilled instructors, family-friendly hikes to waterfalls, and of course the summer tubing hill at Snow Mountain Ranch. For the adventurous, there are also fly-fishing lessons, mountain biking trails, whitewater rafting and guided hikes through the national park.
Accommodations range from affordable hotel-style lodge rooms with common areas perfect for groups traveling together, and pet-friendly multi-bedroom private cabins featuring wrap-around porches, full kitchens, and a variety of sleeping options including bunk beds. Snow Mountain Ranch also features yurts and campsites in the summer months. Most lodge rooms and cabins do not have televisions, providing a truly unplugged experience for everyone involved.
Summer 2023 highlights include:
- YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center
- The Enger Family Nature Trail – A new pet-friendly hiking and walking loop that winds along Glacier Creek located on the property’s 860 acres bordering Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Master Naturalist Classes – For the first time, these popular classes will be offered during the summer months, featuring multi-day workshops focused on birding, geology, plants, wildflowers, and the history of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Snow Mountain Ranch
- Hanging with Huskies – Meet some of the members of the Snow Mountain Ranch dogsled team and play with them in the dog park – free for overnight guests and day pass holders.
- Glamping in the Colorado Rockies – Yurt Village is a popular option for camping-light with each yurt sleeping up to six people.
Day Camps will be available at both properties for children ages 3 -17 Monday through Friday from early June through mid-August. Guests may register for one day, a few days or weeks at a time. Rates start at $47/day at Estes Park Center and $140/week at Snow Mountain Ranch.
Reservations are available at www.ymcarockies.org.