I’ve practically watched my kiddos grow up at Great Wolf Lodge over the years. From tiny toddlers, barely able to swim, to too cool preteens, they’ve roamed the lodge playing MagiQuest and splashing in Wiley’s Waterpark. Not only have our adventures changed over the years, but Great Wolf Lodge is always adding new entertainment so that our visits never seem repetitive or dull. Here’s what they have happening this summer.
Great Wolf Lodge Summer 2023
Autism Sensory Guide
Great Wolf Lodge is partnering with The International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES, So I don’t have to type all that again), the global leader in autism and neurodiversity certification, to enhance inclusion and accessibility at its 19 resorts across the U.S.. As part of this partnership, IBCCES is helping the family resort develop sensory guides for each slide, pool, ride, attraction, show and activity found at Great Wolf Lodge locations across the country.
This will provide a comprehensive overview with the rating for all senses – sight , smell, sound, touch and taste — to help ensure each individual can prepare and be aware of what to expect based on their own personal sensitivities or those of their children. There is also a downloadable guide available online for each resort that will provide a valuable and convenient tool for sensory-sensitive guests as they plan their visit to the indoor water park resort. Here are a couple examples of what the Sensory Guide pages look like:
The fan favorite (and one of our favorite), Summer Camp-In celebrations will commence starting this week until August 27, 2023! This event offers the nostalgic fun of summer camp with the themed programming for families looking for convenient, fun-filled getaway this summer. Programming and activity highlights for Summer 2023 include:
- Character Appearances – Enjoy special appearances from Great Wolf Lodge’s very own Wiley the Wolf, Violet Wolf and other characters throughout the day. Be prepared to ask for photo ops and autographs!
- Trailblazer Challenge – Campers up for a challenge can sign up for select activities and earn a badge for each one they complete. To win bragging rights, collect 5 badges and earn the ultimate honor – the title of Trailblazer!
- Arts & Crafts – Get creative with special arts and crafts activities including create-your-own button making, sponge painting, DIY pennant flags and friendship bracelet making.
- YogaTails + Wolfercise – Stay fit with fun, family-friendly fitness programming like yoga for kids and choreographed excersise classes.
- Campfire Ceremony – At the end of the day, guests gather in the lobby for a sing-along, special show, competitions, crafts, a Hustle & Howl family dance party, and the time-honored Great Wolf Lodge tradition: Storytime!
Last visit we notices they upgraded and added more waterpark cabanas! I’m hoping to reserve one on an upcoming visit so that I will be able to share photos and how these differ from the ones we stayed in previously. While pizza at Hungry As A Wolf is always a family favorite, they have recently updated the menu offerings at Barnwood, Loose Moose and Buckets, so I will look into each of those further to give you an idea of what to expect. Another dining update we noticed last visit was that Ben & Jerry’s had closed and was under construction to be replaced by the NEW Wood’s End Creamery–I’ll definitely be doing some research there if it’s reopened as well! Watch for the updates heading your way this summer!