It’s no secret that Christmas is my favorite! So, about the time children start bounding back into classrooms, I am ready to pull out the fall decorations. Don’t be confused however, I am not a PSL gal. In fact, I am not a fan of pumpkin or pumpkin spiced anything. I am team apple cider all the way when it comes to fall flavors. I am also aware that some aren’t ready to adopt the autumn attitude just yet. The transition is a little hard to make while temperatures are scorching and leaves haven’t turned. For that reason, I have the perfect treat to favor the fall feeling, while celebrating the end of summer: The Sparkling Cider Margarita!
The ingredients are simple and easy to pick up year round.
- 2oz Tequila
- 1oz Triple Sec
- 2oz Sparkling Cider
- Ice Cubes (These fall ice cube molds make the cutest additions!)
- Apple Wedge(garnish)
- Cinnamon Stick (garnish)
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- Lime Wedge
- Take the lime wedge and coat the rim of the glass with lime juice.
- Combine the cinnamon & sugar & roll the rim of the glass in the mixture.
- Add ice cubes to the glass.
- Pour in the tequila & triple sec.
- Top off with sparkling cider.
- Garnish with an apple wedge and cinnamon stick.
Ta-da! What do you think? If you’re a summer savor-er can you get on board with a harvest-flavored sparkling cider margarita? Perhaps frozen for that extra summery touch? This is one of my favorite concoctions to fill that end-of-summer/not-quite-fall solstice feeling. Cheers!